Monday, November 20, 2006

All set to Carve the Turkey!

Yesterday was my birthday. I reached the ripe age of 52. When I was in my 20's, the 50's seemed so far away. It really doesn't seem that old now!

Nancy fixed my favorite meal of Beef Stroganoff. It is tradition in our family that the birthday person gets their favorite meal. Of course our son Josh also likes this meal for his birthday so we were both in hog heaven.

Jamie and grandkids also came but Jason was home not feeling well. They are leaving Wednesday to go to his parents for Thanksgiving so it will be sad not to have them (and the grandkids) here to celebrate Thanksgiving. While in Oregon, Jamie and Jason will get married on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Nancy, Josh and I will be going to my Mom's. I'm all set to carve the turkey with the new man's toy that the kids and Nancy gave me yesterday. Do you think this will do the job?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the meal and Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake, Josh picked on his older sister. Just like old times when they were both still teens and they would roughhouse, he took her down and tickled her nostrils with blades of grass. Nothing more heartwarming (and housewarming) then to hear the voices of family filling the air. The following pics are a couple of our favorite pictures of Josh and Jamie when they were little.

Jamie with her hair all curled and her purse trying to open the church door:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Joshua on Nancy's parents farm, playing on the cattle chute. He and his cousin Mica would run around the farm singing "My Achy Breaky Heart" at the top of their lungs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It seems that nostalgia is part of the aging process. That must be why so many of the pictures of the past are finding their way into this blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home