Saturday, January 13, 2007

Devil Cat

Several years ago, when our daughter was in her early teens, I brought home a Siamese colored kitten. Jamie named the cat Taylor. Taylor's mother was black as were all her siblings. Taylor has the Siamese coloration.

Jamie would take her to the little league games that her brother played in. It was really something to watch this kitten act more like a puppy, who would follow Jamie everywhere and would sit on the bleachers without ever wandering off.

Jamie would let Taylor sleep in her room until that one night when Taylor left a deposit on the rug. She was forever banished from Jamie's room.

So Taylor adopted Nancy as her human pet. Here is a picture of her favorite snoozing place, on Nancy's lap while watching tv.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Taylor is known as the Psycho Cat or the Devil Cat around here. There are times when she is very loving. If you don't give her attention when she demands it however, you are liable to get a very sharp and demanding nip. She sometimes even draws blood.

She always has to be in your way and has been known to push open doors that haven't been fully closed. Or she sits outside a closed door and meows until you let her in.

One morning I decided to see how she would react if I sort of blocked the bathroom door with my boxers while I was taking my shower. Normally she has to come in and walk between the inner shower curtain and the outer shower curtain.

I looked to see if she had gotten the door pushed open and saw that the door was still blocked. Her paw was visible though, as she tried to figure out what was blocking the door.

I literally could not believe my eyes when I saw her begin to slowly and purposely use her claw to snag the shorts and begin to pull them through the opening of the door and door jam. By the time I had dried off and dressed, she had about 3/4 of the shorts outside the door. It wouldn't have been much longer and she would have gained access.

It is hard to believe by looking at this picture of her sleeping at Nancy's feet that she is anything else other then a complete angel, but believe me she is pure Psycho Cat!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Taylor is so pretty Duane!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

OK, you know Siamese is my most favoritest cat... She's sooo pretty; and if I might add, appropriately named too! What an adventure. ;)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

What is it with cats and completely closed doors? Rascal (our cat) does that too and it amazes me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home