Thursday, July 03, 2008

First Americana piece plus more

Posting to the bog is certainly a hit and miss affair. But thanks anyway to those who stop by occasionally to see if there is anything new.

I have lost count of how many pieces of furniture I've redone and sold at Black Sheep Gallery or Simpler Times Village.

I finished my first piece done in Americana and took it in to Black Sheep Gallery.


Photobucket


A checkerboard pattern on end tables has been a popular item, so I finished this one with the colors of burgundy, mustard and black.


Photobucket


I haven't done many dressers because I'm not sure what kind of demand there would be but this was such a unique piece that I couldn't resist redoing it and will be anxious to see what the response is.


Photobucket

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Joni Dixon-Stanger said...

I love Americana pieces. I live in Hansen and wonder if you are open to making something that I've seen but can not find?

Joni Stanger

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Duane and Nancy said...

Hi Joni,

I am certainly willing to try. Mostly what I do is to take an existing piece and renew it, putting my spin of primitive (and now americana) on it.

If it is something to be done from scratch, I'm not so good at that but may know someone who can.

Let me know what you are hoping to have done and we can go from there. Thanks for looking at our blog.

Duane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home